Rufio #66; Texas Men’s Roller Derby
1) What pump up song plays in your head when you take the track? Survival – Eminem
2) What is your favorite city to travel to play derby in? Right now it a tie between Houston,Tx and Austin,Tx. Both have alot of places to visit, and the skaters are some of the most down to earth people I have met.
3) Who is your favorite WFTDA skater and why? Freight Train
4) When the team travels, which team mate(s) do you room with? Brad and Diamond
5) Which MRDA skater pushes you to be better [because they’ve beaten you in the past]? Tj Binkley (just the tip), constantly helping and giving me advice even after he has shut me down on the track. He keeps pushing me to be better and helps teach me ways to improve. Sutton, he has to be one of the best blockers I have seen and played against. Deadly reach with his hips and training to be able to get past him.
6) What is your favorite post-bout food? the closet thing to me, I’m not extremely picky, but whatever has the most amount of steak or beef.
Photo by Thorpe Griner of Thorpeland Photography
KyeSexual #17; New York Shock Exchange (3)
1) What pump up song plays in your head when you take the track? Shut me up by mindless self indulgence
2) What is your favorite city to travel to play derby in? Brisbane Australia
3) Who is your favorite WFTDA skater and why? Miss tea maven, because she is one of the hardest working skaters out there and took time when I started skating to teach me and push me
4) When the team travels, which team mate(s) do you room with? Depends on the tournament but either Paul funyun or Abe drinking & Malcolm sex
5) Which MRDA skater pushes you to be better [because they’ve beaten you in the past]? It sounds stupid but I have never played a derby game against an MRDA team and lost. Therefore I would have to say the skater who has beaten me personally would have to be my teammates Abe drinkin and Malcolm sex
6) What is your favorite post-bout food? A big plate of eggplant Parmasian
The Match Up
There is a lot of hunger going on in this game. NYSE wants to hold onto their medal placement, and Texas is ready to bring home some hardware.
NYSE’s blocking this weekend has been top notch: Malcolm Sex and Karl Le Fou have been having incredible weekends. Their jammers have been looking stronger than ever, not being easily knocked out of bounds. Texas, meanwhile, has been showing that their recycling can destroy the best jammers in the world (TJ Binkley means business), and jammers like Dr. Feelgood and Lucky Jammer have been nomming up blockers all weekend.
This match up takes place at 5p CST on WFTDA.tv