Bill Coulter (Jack Hammer’d) #8; Your Mom Men’s Derby (1)
1) What pump up song plays in your head when you take the track? I don’t listen to pump up music, I can usually be found relaxing listening to country with my hoodie on and headphones in. But one song I like that makes me ready would be Centuries by (Breaking Benjamin? )
2) What is your favorite city to travel to play derby in? ummm I don’t ever see the city we are playing in, usually the hotel, venue, airport, and after party. One place I have really enjoyed playing was Spring Roll in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. The event itself is such a community event. Such respect and fun between all teams. It feels like spring break. But the only place I look forward to playing every year is at champs regardless of where it is held.
3) Who is your favorite WFTDA skater and why? I feel like this is a setup lol, honestly Chucktown Bruiser (Chris Sabet) from Columbia Quad Squad. We uses to be roommates and her better half Mel Strube (doesn’t play derby) and just fun person and is a beast on the track but always makes me feel like family.
4) When the team travels, which team mate(s) do you room with? travel roomie. … When I travel with Your Mom I try to room with Twinkle Toes (Ryan ) cuz we are always down to stay for the after party. #twinklehammer
5) Which MRDA skater pushes you to be better [because they’ve beaten you in the past]? The MRDA skater that pushes me the most on and off the track to be better is Tony Muse. As we have been rivals and friends for many years now he has always set the bar high of what he expects from me as a skater, for the community, and as a person in everyday life.
6) What is your favorite post-bout food? Seriously, food after a bout only consists of beer. And maybe what ever is at the after party. But always down for tacos or pizza.
The Saint #1; St. Louis Gatekeepers (2)
1) What pump up song plays in your head when you take the track? Undeniable by Donnie Daydream
2) What is your favorite city to travel to play derby in? Milwaukee is tough to beat
3) Who is your favorite WFTDA skater and why? Annie Swanson of ARRG… a spin move machine. She is way better at jamming than I ever was.
4) When the team travels, which team mate(s) do you room with? Bled Zeppelin and Mr. Pink., we have hotel room ground rules that must be followed.
5) Which MRDA skater pushes you to be better [because they’ve beaten you in the past]? Percy Controll has played a huge part in helping me become the player I am today and Bled Zeppelin… even though he picks on me at practice.
6) What is your favorite post-bout food? Kale-protein smoothie with a side of pizza rolls